Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's about teaching, not technology!

Technology is only an amplifier of teaching. If a teacher is a good teacher, then when he or she uses technology than that teaching is amplified. If a teacher is not an effective teacher, then when he or she uses technology that ineffective teaching is amplified.


All technology is an amplifier...and what happens when you give a bad guitar player a bigger amplifier? Ouch!” Mr. Big as quoted in Ohler's blog.



We should focus our efforts on good teaching, not on technology. We are spending far too much time and money in technology training; we need to spend much more on improving teaching.


Our leaders should be educators, not technology gurus.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Justin Ashworth said...

Hey old friend!

Just stumbled across your blog after perusing the new LSB site. And look at all that staff you have now. You must be producing like crazy down there :)

I am adjusting OK to my new position in Baldwinsville. Lots to learn (that was convientently left out of my program) and there are a few people I'd like to be able to fire.

After spending my first 100 days or so in the trenches, I really appreciate your blog. You keep making good critiques that we need to have a dialogue about. I am going to keep checking back and commenting. Keep up the good work!

~Justin Ashworth

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Justin Ashworth said...

"You keep making good critiques that we need to have a dialogue about. I am going to keep checking back and commenting."

When I reread my comment, it didn't sound right. I meant "we" as professionals in education, not one to one. Although, such therapy might help lower my blood pressure. HA!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger hboga02 said...

I couldnt agree with you more. If your a good teacher, it shows in everything you do. From your classroom demeanor to your planning and your use of materials, inlcuding technology.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home