Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dependent or Self-Sustaining Technology-Infused Learning

I heard a state education leader talk about a school district that once was considered to be a national model. The district had an abundance of the newest technology in each classroom. Teachers were doing exemplary technology-infused learning. The superintendent left the district and within a few years, the technology emphasis became minimal.



In a school building, there was a computer lab assistant who created powerful learning experiences using a wide variety of technology. When he left for a teaching position, his replacement taught keyboard and word processing skills. Now very few teachers do technology projects.



It is good to analyze your building and district for the people who are the leaders in using technology. If a key person left, what would happen to technology use in your building or district?



Have teachers embedded technology-infused learning activities into their curriculum so that they are self-sustaining and even constantly improving? Or is technology use dependent on people outside the classroom?

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous technology said...

Hi Harry Tuttle, I read your post which I find interesting and very informative! I was also looking for related info which I found
Some at data recovery
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW WHATS NEXT>>>Live Your Life With A Little Daily Motivation.. Do we seek achievement Daily,weekly or yearly. I have been interested in working and achievement for years now. I am driven to success by the master teachers from the past. I really enjoy people like Wayne Dyer, Greg Vanden Berge and Tony Robbins. Im writing to this blog for selfish reasons, I want to see everyone live the life of their dreams. I am Living my life to the fullest and it is due to a book writen by Greg Vanden Berge . Master Goal Achiever and Author of Start Living Your Dreams Today.. A Great Book from the masters.. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did..

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger hboga02 said...

This again goes back to being an effective teacher. An effective teacher no matter whether he or she is teaching in a cave or a classroom full of the most advanced equiptment, will present powerful learning experiences to their student whom in return will be successful, motivated, and respectful.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Jamie Sonneville said...

Trackback:
http://wcstech.edublogs.org/2006/11/14/can-teachers-do-it-alone/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home